PART-TIME TASTING ROOM STAFF
We are currently seeking energetic, personable staffers to work in a fast-paced customer service environment as part-time Tasting Room Pourers and Utility personnel. Pourers must be positive, engaging, willing to go the extra mile, and excited to share their knowledge of wine and the history of The Winery at Bull Run with our guests while conducting wine tastings. Utility staff will be responsible for greeting guests and stocking wine. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. *Weekend availability is required for ALL positions*
HISTORICAL TOUR GUIDE
The Winery at Bull Run is seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Tour Guide for its Historical Tour & Tasting program to successfully implement excellent customer service and hospitality for all guests.
Tour Guides are responsible for conducting the winery’s Historical Tours & Tastings for guests. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: greeting and welcoming guests to the property, working outdoors in sometimes hot weather, successfully conduct walking tours for groups of guests (up to 1 hour per tour), opening and pouring wine, selling and upselling wine club memberships, and working directly with the manager on duty to ensure optimal guest satisfaction. Local history and wine knowledge preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
Applicants should have excellent customer service skills with experience in a hospitality setting. Those with knowledge of Civil War history and/or wine/wineries are encouraged to apply, but prior knowledge is not required. Applicants must have excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills, along with a high energy drive and creative personality.
• Weekend availability required (4 weekend days per month)
• Ability to stand for long amounts of time
• Work up to 6-hour shifts on your feet with walking included
• Must be 21 years or older
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
FULL-TIME TASTING ROOM ASSISTANT MANAGER
We are seeking an organized, enthusiastic, and reliable individual to join our team as a full-time Tasting Room Assistant Manager. In this position, the Assistant Manager will have the opportunity to wear many hats and learn the various facets of our winery operation. Our ideal candidate is someone who has at least three years demonstrated experience in the wine industry.
The Tasting Room Assistant Manager is responsible for ensuring standards of service and hospitality in order to grow Tasting Room revenue. Duties include:
• Educate customers regarding winery products
• Promote Wine Clubs as appropriate
• Provide exceptional customer service via telephone and email
• Accurately use point of sale system
• Maintain highest standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
• Accurately follow all opening and closing procedures, and manage Tasting Room staff to do the same
• Assist with labor management
• Assist with admin, orientation, scheduling, training, supervising and evaluating Tasting Room staff
• Ensure customer service standards are being met by Tasting Room staff
• Represent winery at outside functions as needed
• Highly organized, self-starter
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Superior customer service skills and service driven
• Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays
• Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
• Hospitality experience and wine knowledge a plus
• Must hold a valid driver's license and be at least 21 years of age
Please include a resume and cover letter in your email.
EVENT PLANNING INTERNSHIP
Summer: end of May-beginning of August
Fall: middle of August-middle of December
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, creative, and personable individuals to work as part-time Events Interns. Interns will learn the ins-and-outs of event management working as day-of coordinators for weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, birthday parties, and more. Hours are mostly nights and weekends, but vary depending on event schedule. Internship can be used for college credit.
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.