Careers and Internships
ENTRY LEVEL ASSISTANT EVENTS MANAGER
Full-time position, hourly wage with night and weekend hours
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Assist Events Manager with all weddings/events at The Winery at Bull Run and the daily administrative duties related to the ongoing management of the Events Department.
- Manage Event set-up, day-of coordination, as well as coordination with vendors, delivery and client needs
- Maintain/coordinate event timeline and setup needs
- Present for all client meetings in advance of event, record-keeping in preparation for day-of
- Maintain professional correspondence with Event clients, answering questions during the planning process and coordinating necessary contact between vendors
- Field all private event rental inquiries and respond to clients with the necessary information, setting appointments for the sales team
- Involvement with developing creative content and ideas with regards to promotional events, marketing materials, and social media campaigns
These are personal traits that will best help the applicant to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling all obligations
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks in a timely manner
- Judgment and Decision Making – Job requires analyzing the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Must be able to make important decisions “in the moment” under high stress
- Customer-service oriented - Job requires interacting with clients and customers on a regular basis. Must be confident in communicating with customers and always have a hospitality mindset, putting the customer first at all times
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting maximum effort toward mastering tasks
- Social Orientation - Job requires a preference for working with others rather than alone and being personally connected with others on the job
- Cooperation - Job requires a pleasant disposition on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and ideas when necessary
- Candidate should be very articulate, easygoing, have a sense of humor, but very disciplined and detail-oriented
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Events Management, Communications, or related field of study.
- Minimum (0) zero to (1) one years of relevant experience or interest in day-of-event management
- Must be willing and committed to working nights and weekends, especially during peak events season
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure
- Experience working in the hospitality industry, exhibiting the ability to accommodate and adapt to situations by effective decision making
- Must be able to stand on your feet for extended hours during events as well as be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
APPLY NOW by sending your resume and cover letter via email to Amanda@wineryatbullrun.com.
FULL-TIME TASTING ROOM ASSISTANT MANAGER
We are seeking an organized, enthusiastic, and reliable individual to join our team as a full-time Tasting Room Assistant Manager. In this position, the Assistant Manager will have the opportunity to wear many hats and learn the various facets of our winery operation. Our ideal candidate is someone who has at least three years demonstrated experience in the wine industry.
The Tasting Room Assistant Manager is responsible for ensuring standards of service and hospitality in order to grow Tasting Room revenue. Duties include:
• Educate customers regarding winery products
• Promote Wine Clubs as appropriate
• Provide exceptional customer service via telephone and email
• Accurately use point of sale system
• Maintain highest standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
• Accurately follow all opening and closing procedures, and manage Tasting Room staff to do the same
• Assist with labor management
• Assist with admin, orientation, scheduling, training, supervising and evaluating Tasting Room staff
• Ensure customer service standards are being met by Tasting Room staff
• Represent winery at outside functions as needed
• Highly organized, self-starter
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Superior customer service skills and service driven
• Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays
• Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
• Hospitality experience and wine knowledge a plus
• Must hold a valid driver's license and be at least 21 years of age
Please include a resume and cover letter in your email.
PART-TIME TASTING ROOM STAFF
We are currently seeking energetic, personable staffers to work in a fast-paced customer service environment as part-time Tasting Room Pourers and Utility personnel. Pourers must be positive, engaging, willing to go the extra mile, and excited to share their knowledge of wine and the history of The Winery at Bull Run with our guests while conducting wine tastings. Utility staff will be responsible for greeting guests and stocking wine. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. *Weekend availability is required for ALL positions*
HAUNTED WINE TOUR INTERNSHIP
Mid-August to mid-November
Tours will run every Wednesday-Saturday each week
Hours vary based on tour schedule
Must be available for the majority of the tour nights
Can be used for college credit
Assist with the day of operations for all Haunted Wine Tours from set-up to breakdown which may include:
- Becoming familiar with all versions of scripts including rain plan
- Set-up of all props and décor for each tour
- Coordinate with actors upon arrival
- Manage check in for the beginning of each tour using Eventbrite
- Monitor tours as they are going on to ensure guests are conducting themselves appropriately and all logistics are according to plan
- Breakdown all props and décor at the end of the night
- Assist Haunted Tour Stage Manager with any additional tasks and assignments as needed
Please reach out to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter to be considered
SEEKING PRODUCTION/STAGEHAND INTERN
- Assist the Haunted Wine Tour Stage Manager with the following tasks:
- Set up event sets and equipment in preparation for performances; strike after each event
- Assist with lighting, audio, and special effects
- Monitor the condition of equipment and systems as they relate to production
- Ensure all logistics are proceeding according to plan once tours are underway
- Working conditions
- Work is performed primarily outdoors in all weather conditions. Lighting is both natural and artificial.
- Physical demands include standing, walking, lifting, carrying.
- Internship may require customer service interactions with winery patrons
- Must be able to light up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Mid-August to mid-November
- Tours will run every Wednesday-Saturday each week
- Hours vary based on tour schedule
- Must be available for most of the tour nights
This is an unpaid internship that can be used for college credit. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume before August 23.
EVENT PLANNING INTERNSHIP
Summer: end of May-beginning of August
Fall: middle of August-middle of December
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, creative, and personable individuals to work as part-time Events Interns. Interns will learn the ins-and-outs of event management working as day-of coordinators for weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, birthday parties, and more. Hours are mostly nights and weekends, but vary depending on event schedule. Internship can be used for college credit.
If interested, please email email@example.com with your contact information and resume.